Located off of West Locust Street on Leonard Court, Doty Park was home of “Legion Field” where many athletic events took place. Development of these 12.5 acres includes a shelter, Doty Park Sprayground, Riverside Ice Arena, playground equipment, open recreation space and continuation of the Kishwaukee Riverfront Path.
The Belvidere Park District wants everyone to have a safe and enjoyable time. Here are some guidelines and rules to ensure your visit to the Sprayground is safe and fun!
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Do not drink the water.
- The surface may be hot; footwear is strongly recommended.
- Closed during thunderstorms or other threatening weather.
- Park rules must be adhered to at all times.
- Patrons violating rules or displaying inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave.
- Patrons using the sprayground do so at their own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
- Swim diapers are recommended for children under the age of 3 along with frequent bathroom breaks.
- Sprayground may be closed due to maintenance or other concerns.
- Sprayground is not reservable and is for general use on a first-come/first-serve basis.
- Groups of 20 or more people require permission from the Executive Director or have a shelter, pavilion or ice rink reservation.
- All animals except for service animals.
- Skateboards, skates, bicycles and rollerblades.
- Running or rough play.
- Glass containers.
- Climbing and sitting on equipment.
- Covering fixtures and drains.
- Electrical appliances or sound-amplifying devices.
Thank you for visiting the Doty Park Sprayground!