RESIDENT /NON-RESIDENT FEES
Belvidere Park District residents make significant contributions to the operation of the district through their property taxes. This contribution is beyond the program and service fees. Those persons living outside the boundaries are required to pay the non- resident (NR) fee to equalize fee structures. The district boundaries are:
- North Boundary: South side of Orth Road
- South Boundary: U.S. 20 by-pass
- West Boundary: Winnebago/Boone County line
- East: Poplar Grove Road
Also included in the district is Farmington Fields, Wycliffe, Aberdeen Knolls and Oakbrook Woods’s subdivisions. If you are unsure, please refer to your tax bill or contact the park office.
*Park property hours are 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM unless a Park District sponsored program is taking place.
Purchase gift cards at the Rivers Edge Recreation Center. Gift cards may be used for swim passes and programs. They make the perfect gift!
BEHAVIOR AND ALCOHOL POLICY
- Alcohol is prohibited on all Park District property.
- For the safety of your pet and others, please keep your pet on a leash at all times and clean up after your pet.
- Observe speed limits.
- Put waste in its place and use recycling containers.
- Snowmobiling and off-road and off-terrain vehicles are prohibited on Park District property.
CELL PHONE USE
The use of cell phones in Park District restrooms or locker rooms is strictly prohibited.
- Program fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- Program fees may be paid by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard. There will be a $35.00 fee for returned checks.
- Walk-in registration is accepted at the Rivers Edge Recreation Center.
- On-line registration is accepted with Visa or MasterCard.
- Mail-in registration is accepted and will be processed when received.
- All programs have minimum and maximum enrollment and are filled on a first-paid basis.
- Please register early so we may determine if a class must be canceled or to make arrangements to accommodate a waiting list.
- The Park District reserves the right to cancel classes and make changes in the program schedules, instructors or fees.
- Participants residing outside of the Belvidere Park District’s boundaries are required to pay the non-resident fee if applicable.
- You will be notified of your registration only if the program has been canceled or filled.
- The Park District strives for quality in our programs.
- Refunds – A refund request form must be completed for a refund to be considered. Refunds are considered on an individual basis. No refunds once a program or session has ended. Please note other refund policies in the brochure.
The Belvidere Park District photographs and videotapes program participants. By registering for a program or involvement with an activity/event, the participant consents to use by the Belvidere Park District of her/his likeness in Park District promotions and other uses.
The Belvidere Park District strives to meet the needs of our diverse community. We will provide a bilingual interpreter for program and activity information, with an appointment. Currently, the office staff is not bi-lingual.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Belvidere Park District welcomes the opportunity to assist people with disabilities. If you need any accommodation due to a disability please contact the Administration Office at (815) 547-5711.
RECREATION PATH ETIQUETTE
To assure safe and enjoyable use of the recreation path by all, simple rules of courtesy are to be followed. Pass only on the left after you have announced you are passing, leaving room on the path for others to pass and single file on busy days. Be aware of wildlife on and near the path and do not feed the animals. Pets must be leashed at all times and remember to clean up after your dog.
KISHWAUKEE RIVERFRONT PATH
The Park District works hand-in-hand with the Kishwaukee Riverfront Committee to continue improving upon the 5.6 miles of asphalt path. By working with community organizations to raise funds and receive grants, the possibilities are endless.